Friday, March 4, 2011

Pregnancy Update and Pics. of the Munchkins!

Ethan already trying to fill Daddy's shoes!

I wanted to update those of you who have been praying, and I haven't yet emailed or told.  I went to a vascular specialist for my legs, and they did find some "leakage" in them which is why I am having problems with blood pooling in the veins.  They didn't want to risk any kind of surgery until after the baby is born.  Note:  Baby Emily is fine and this doesn't affect her!  So between that and this baby sitting uncomfortably low that is why all the swelling and pain.  Nothing serious or life-threatening.  After pregnancy I'll get surgery to stop the blood from leaking back into the legs which will help take care of the vein problem.  Just being done with pregnancy will keep from seriously aggravating this problem.  Until then I am to keep my feet up above the heart as much as possible.  And believe me when I don't obey and do that I REALLY regret it because it becomes hard to get around the house!

These 2 have so much fun together!  Don't know what I would do if they didn't keep each other occupied!
I am also wearing 85 dollar compression hose right now!--I didn't even realize how expensive they were until I was talking to my vascular specialists nurse the other day.  They gave me the first 2 pairs for free just to try out 2 different kinds.  I wanted to order some more until I found out the cost.  YIKES!  I decided that I was more than happy with what I had been given :)

Doesn't Madison just look proud of her big brother?

Less than 70 days of pregnancy left now!  I will be so excited to get back to church on a regular basis, and do the grocery shopping, etc.  And of course it will be absolutely wonderful to carry this baby in my arms which will be SO much easier on the body, and better for the whole family!  Jon and I praise the Lord that none of the complications are worse.  My doctor basically said that Emily is blissfully unaware of my body's problems.  That is such a blessing!

Ethan is VERY protective over his sissy.  He is always helping her.  She really loves him for that!

 God is so good!  Although humanly I have discouraging days, the trials are SO much easier to bear with Him to look to.  God is so faithful to strengthen and encourage me just when I need it!  As Christians you and I never have to go through anything alone.  I believe that satan uses that discouraging thought to try and gain a "foothold" in the Christians life.  "Casting all your care upon Him for He careth for you."  What a great promise from the Lord!  He cares!  Just remember to cast your care, and don't keep it!  Learning to "cast" can give us so much JOY with what God has placed right in front of us.  For me that is my family!

The "love of my life" and my little sweetheart!

4 comments:

Matt and Emily Sealy said...

Awww, so sorry you are having a hard time, Amber! But you still have a positive spirit - great! I have been and will continue to pray for you and baby Emily (what a WONDERFUL name, by the way! ;-) ). You've got some major cuties on your hands!

The Cline Family said...

Thanks, Emily! All the Emily's I know are pretty wonderful :)

Rachel said...

Praying for you and your little family through this home stretch! Wish I could be there to help you out, believe me I would!! Just remember to accept help ANY time it is offered! :-)

Wendy said...

Continuing to pray for you and your family. Missing you like crazy of course, but praying every time you come to mind. Love you sis!

Post a Comment