Monday, January 30, 2012

Not important, but I LIKE!

Some girls really like getting new shoes, clothes, flowers, jewelry, perfume, makeovers, or bags.  I have to admit that what gives me that same happiness is home organization and home improvement!  I think it has something to do with my extremely practical nature.  I would rather have something that helps me function well and that I will use every day than something pretty that I rarely get to use/wear at home.  I saw these one dollar totes at Target, and I went a little crazy!  It was the PERFECT (cheap) solution for organizing everything in our laundry room.  Our laundry room is the "catch all" room that I have to store tools, paint, kids crafts, my husbands mowing shoes, lunch boxes, medicine, and the list goes on and on!  With these handy totes I can easily get down the kids paint supply basket, coloring basket, home improvement basket (hammer, nails, measuring tape), and so on.  I'm in LOVE!   It just makes life easier and more organized.  Being a SAHM doesn't make it easier to keep a completely clean and organized home.  I think it is because we are CONSTANTLY using and taking out things from living in it all day every day.  My house is usually completely cluttered with toys, blankets and pillows for the kids forts, dishes that need to be done, laundry that either needs to be washed, folded, or put away, paper clutter, little to do projects, etc.  Sound familiar?  I guess it is just lived in VERY well.  Anyway it really makes me happy to see the closets, drawers, and other things organized!  That helps me function better as a mom, and gives me the satisfaction of having little pieces of order in my otherwise chaotic (but wonderful) life! P.S. These totes are also great for toy organization, tub toys (handles fit over the faucet), cleaning baskets, hair bow basket (keep the headbands, brush, and so on inside) etc.!!!!  If you have any other great, cheap ideas let me know! 

Any ideas on how to hide the water heater?

I don't have a medicine cabinet so I keep all of my first aid supplies and medicine on top of the dryer.


Love having everything off the floor!

Hair bow basket.  Madison will LOVE playing with this!
This was my favorite idea for this 1 dollar tote!

My pantry is hard to keep organized, but I enjoy it much better when it is!  Maybe someday I can do some of those cool pinterest ideas.

1 comments:

klwalt said...

Looks awesome! You go girl!

Post a Comment