Monday, June 13, 2011

Family of Five


May 9th we welcomed baby Emily into our family.  She was 8lbs. 6oz. and 21 in.  I was blessed with the easiest delivery imaginable :)  One look at our precious Emmie and all the pain and hardship from the pregnancy was well-worth it!  Jon and I feel so blessed to have another child to raise for the Lord.  After starting off with 2 miscarriages I never would have imagined that I would be blessed with 3 precious children in a span of just 2 and a half years!!!



My days are now full of diapers, feeding kids, cleaning up after every feeding, loads and loads of laundry, lots of crying cause my 1 and 2 year old don't like to share :), picking up toys that I know will be dumped out again in the near future, and cuddling children who just got in trouble for naughtiness.  Our life is a little chaotic and I have to admit our house is not for people who want "quiet and rest", but I would not change a thing.  I am blessed to be doing what I have always wanted to do and that is to be a stay at home wife and mother.  It is so rewarding, exhausting, and wonderful!  I'm so thankful for my 2 year old, 1 year old, and newborn.  When I am completely sleep deprived I remind myself of the time when I wasn't sure I would ever be a mom.  That thought reminds me of how "richly" God has blessed me and makes me so thankful that I have a full quiver of little one's.



Ethan and Maddie immediately loved little Emmie.  They affectionately smother her in kisses, and are always wanting to hold their baby sis.  Ethan helps me by putting Emmie's paci in her mouth.  I wondered if Madison who has been the baby up till this point would be jealous, but she hasn't been and she loves to point to Em and say "baby" in a very loud voice :)


Emily,  you are such a bundle of joy to your Dad and I.  You are a precious gift and unexpected blessing.  I'm so thankful God made our lives richer by giving you to us.  God's plan is ALWAYS so much better than our own.  I love you sweet Emmie.  Praying that at an early age you will come to know and love the God who created you and gave you to us.

5 comments:

Amber Ranew said...

I LOVE this post!! I especially love the picture of the 3 kids in their diapers. That is hilarious!! You are such a wonderful mother and I know you are super busy right now, but one day we will miss the busy days of holding our little ones:( Praying for you this week.

alreadytaken05 said...

Amen to your perspective Amber! Mothering is wonderful! Melissa turned one in May. Those sleepless nights quickly pass and are so worth it! I love the pictures of the babies in diapers! I misread your heading...we couldn't figure out how we missed baby 3 and 4 to make a total of FIVE babies :)

Wendy said...

Love the photos :) Thrilled for you all!

Unknown said...

She is just beautiful!! Congrats, friend!! :)

Matt and Emily Sealy said...

What a beautiful family! It definitely is a lot of work, but it DEFINITELY is worth every sleepless night and frustrating day you may have! Enjoy every minute! The kids are just beautiful and I am so proud of you, Amber! -Emily

Post a Comment