Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Playhouse

God is ALWAYS good!
Jon and I feel extremely blessed by the Lord to have a new playhouse for the kids.  Jon's dad is so talented.  He looked at a picture of a playhouse we liked, and was able to figure out everything down to bolts, screws, measurements, and lumber to create its likeness.  Building a playhouse for our kids was his idea, and we absolutely love our kids doing lots of playing outside. Jon's dad did a real "labor of love" for our kids, and we are so thankful for it.  We are also thankful for our Pastor who came over and helped put the roof on, made the fabulous stairs, and lent us some of his tools.  

Ethan playing with leftover blocks from the playhouse.
Taken in middle of blessing our food.  I see someone's eyes are open!

Eating in the playhouse.

Taken from the porch looking in.

Weird pic. I know, but I LOVE these rails!
My Sweetheart!

These two are like twins in SO many ways!

The slide will be on the opposite end of where the stairs are.
Jon's dad spent his week of vacation making this "masterpiece" while Jon's Mom watched our kids, and Jon and I went on our first cruise.  (Jon won the free cruise from work.)  BTW, it was not so easy for me to leave my children, especially my 5 month old!  I just felt weird and not quite whole to be without my children.  But Jon and I had a wonderful time together.  It was nice to just sit down and talk without any interruptions!  However both Jon and I were SO glad to see our little munchkins when we got home!

Wow!  I had no idea what a project this would be :)

Grandpa and the kiddos.


Grandma helped too!

Ethan LOVES the door!!!
Getting back to the subject: the kids have had fun in the play house, and have even eaten lunch up there.  One of these pictures I took while I was praying for our lunch.  It makes me chuckle because Madison's eyes are wide open while Ethan is sweetly bowing his head.  Guess we need to work a little more with Maddie on that!

The playhouse still needs to be primed and painted, some trim put around the windows, needs the slide, another swing, and the sand box put up underneath the house.  But, it is mostly finished, and we will add things to it as we can.  I am looking forward to adding laminated pics., little curtains, etc. to the interior as time goes by.  I was fortunate to have a tree house when I was growing up, and I remember all the hours of fun I had in it!  Being outside is so good for kids!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Aww! What a special gift for the kidlets! It holds even more meaning because grandpa built it for them :) Hope you all are doing well!

klwalt said...

Years of fun to come! And so special because of the love that went into building it.

Post a Comment