My sweet babies are growing up! Ethan and Madison had their second and third Birthday party last night. I did a monkey themed party for them since I always call them my two little monkeys :) I did much of the party preparation late at night, and made sure to hide it all from the kids! Jon took the kids out to get some Chic-fil-a chicken fingers right before the party, and that is when I ran around putting all my decorations up and putting the cupcakes and food out. It was so fun to reveal the monkey wall decal since my son had been asking for days what was behind all the construction paper on the wall. I had taped the paper all over the wall to hide it! We had some friends/church family over, and it was truly a special memory for the kids and Jon and I. The kids tore into presents, and then played with their special friends Elizabeth and Natalie until LATE that night. I think they were high on sugar! I had so much fun planning and making this yellow, green, and brown monkey themed party! It was all done very inexpensively. I was excited about finding the wall decal for 10 dollars, and plastic monkey cups with straws for a dollar!

 |
| I had fun making jello jiggler bananas with a heart and round shaped cookie cutter. The jam jars and votive candle holders had ice cream toppings for bannana splits! I did the pinterest idea and scooped the ice cream ahead of time into cupcake liners and pan. |
 |
| I was a little sad that I misplaced my matching paper cupcake holders, and had to use red and white one's. Oh Well! |
 |
| Cut and framed the kids b-day invitation |
 |
| A few years ago my Mom bought me a cricut. It has really come in handy for signs and bulletin boards!!! |
 |
| The bananas were not brown the day of the party :) |
I know I say this a lot, but I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing me and giving me the gift of motherhood. Sometimes I have to gulp back my emotions cause my heart is so full of the joy of having little munchkins to tuck in to bed at night, dress up, read to, love, and laugh with. God is good! Diapers and bottles, messiness and toys around the house, smudges and fingerprints all over the furniture/glass, and disciplining for bad behavior are nothing compared to the AMAZING treasures God has bestowed on me in the hearts and lives of my 3 little children. I pray that God will use them for HIS glory.
Now that I am done with 2 leg surgeries, church projects, and planning a b-day party I am going to start packing the family up to go be with my parents and my bro. and families for Christmas in AZ! I guess a busy life ='s NO blogging!!! Hopefully I can start the new year afresh, and keep track/blog about what the kiddos and I are doing. BTW-Merry Christmas from Jon, Amber, Ethan, Madison, and Emily!!! I hope you will have a wonderful Christmas celebrating Christ's birth!
1 comments:
Wow, somehow I missed that you were having surgery. Glad that it is behind you though! :) Hope you have a great time in AZ!! Wish we could jaunt down and see y'all. One day it will happen! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment