Monday, August 20, 2012

Kids Rooms

I love decorating on a dime! I think it is fun making old things new again. I also think there is big satisfaction in being creative with what I have or what has been handed down or given to me. What I enjoy the most from doing the kiddos rooms is hearing my 2 year old say, "I like my pink room, Mommy!" She has also said, "Mommy, thank you for my room!"--Although I think that statement was after she got her little kitchen set :) I also loved hearing Madison's big, loud "WOW!" after she saw the shelves of books in Ethan's room! I like the kids rooms, but I LOVE that my kids like their rooms and want to play in them.
I
My amazing, wonderful, incredible husband made these magazine shelves!--Honey, I hope you are reading this ;)  I fell in love with a picture of these shelves on Pinterest.   They are a nice display, but also practical because I can put up to 7 or 8 books behind one of these books!  It is perfect for keeping books in sets, and keeps books from getting banged up in the basket or bookcase!

I wanted to paint these shelves in a week, but it took me 3 months to get all the sanding and painting done!  I guess there was a little bit of procrastinating too :)  It turned out to be a bigger job than I intended, but it was totally worth it to see the smile on Ethan's face!

The bottom shelf is Emily's!  It is all board books.

I used my Cricut and cut out some paper to update some pictures for the girls room.

The little kitchen set I from Craigslist.  It came with the tent, and Melissa and Doug kitchen accessories!!!

My girls are growing up too fast!  They are one and two today, but tomorrow 21 and 22...

I bought the wooden letters 50% off, and painted.  The shelf was free, and just needed a little paint, and a 97 cent Princess decal.  The bookcase was a hand me down which I stained espresso.
 
We had a piece of trim in our shed.  I stained it, and painted some clothespins which I hot glued to the trim. (Another pinterest idea!)  Ethan is very proud of his art pieces that get pinned up :)  I love the Mr. Potato Head picture so much that I might frame it.  He purposely tried to pick colors that matched his toys.

This little art desk has some nice storage.  I bought it for 3.99, and it was filthy.  But some bleach, magic erasers, and a little black spray paint made it look new again.  I marvel at how good God is.  This very desk (in different colors) was on my Amazon wish list!

This book case is from Target, but I got it for $15 brand new at Goodwill!  It had a small crack, but wood glue fixed it.

I feel blessed that both of my kids rooms have two full-sized closets.  I never knew how much I would need them!

The pink room!

She is a great little Mommy to her dolls!

One, two, and three!

My girls love their little tent house!

Peek-a-boo!

I had to laugh when Ethan was outside the tent vigorously trying to blow the tent down! He was scaring the girls, and doing a great job playing the big, bad wolf!  Jon and I had a hard time not laughing, but we realized that the two piggies inside the tent didn't find it funny at all.

This crib was a gift from Jon's parents.  It was a cherry wood, and I painted it espresso to match the room.  I love the character of this crib. 
Ethan's first drawing of himself.  I kept asking him to put the paper down so I could see his face.  I finally figured out that he wanted the picture to be his head!

These kiddos love markers, and markers love them :)

This was the unhappy face. 

She has her Bible, and she is ready to go to church!

Emily has really surprised us, and the cranky baby has turned into a very, happy toddler!!!


It can be miserable to get pictures taken when it is hot outside :(

I found this cabinet for $10.  I had to paint the doors white and we had to find a pin for the door from a cabinet shop.  Now the girls have a special place for their tea set!

I had a hard time deciding how to space the shelves, but I'm happy with how they turned out!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Their rooms look amazing!! Great job!!! :-)

Wendy said...

Great job on the rooms! Cute littles too :)

Post a Comment