Thursday, December 9, 2010

My 11 Month "Cheerio"

Madison LOVES her cheerios!  I have started calling her my little "Cheerio."  She has a VERY happy personality!  She is content so much of the time.  It is a huge blessing!  I think the Lord new I needed an easy-going 2nd child!

For the past few weeks I have found Madison standing in her crib in the mornings and after nap times.  It is so-o cute!  She always has a great big smile for me.  She looks like such a big girl standing in her crib.  Part of me is in denial that she is growing out of babyhood.  But, she still cuddles constantly with me and puts her thumb in her mouth.  It's so endearing!!!

Her favorite word is "hi" and she says it ALL day long!  She has also said, "ma ma, da da, ball, cow, duck, dog, cat and uh oh."  She just started the sign language for "please."

She is definitely the little girl of my dreams!  She laughs very hard at silly things.  Ever known a person that you had to laugh with every time they laughed?  Well, that is how infectious her laugh is.  Inevitably when she starts laughing so do I! 

One more month and she will be a one year old.  This past year seems to have flown by.  It makes me think of that song "Cherish the Moments" by Ron Hamilton.  I used to wonder as a child about the women who always shed tears during that song.  Now that I am a mom I totally understand!  You just can't rewind the time and play it over again.  This is the only year we have with our child at this age.  We need to enjoy it even on the days when we have to endure it.

"Lord, thank you for my children.  Thank you for all the blessings and joy that they bring to my life.  Thank you for giving me the gift of motherhood.  Please help me to train my little boy and girl to obey so that they are prepared to obey you.  Please help me to make good use of the time you have given me with them."

0 comments:

Post a Comment