Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Change of Heart

Recently I listened to a message on the radio about loving others and loving the unlovely.  It really hit home.  The Pastor said something to the effect of:  It is people that are least deserving of God's love that need it shown to them the most.  I was so rebuked!  My selfish sin nature has thought at times, "Why do we keep ministering to people in our church when there is no change (that I can see) in their lives or their welfare mentality?"  What a rotten heart I have!  I was so rebuked by the sermon I heard that I immediately had to ask for God's forgiveness.  I also had to share with my husband when he got home.  I needed his forgiveness, too.   I told him about the message I heard and how I've had a wrong heart attitude.  After all, God's Word will never return void to anyone who hears it.  And God has not asked us to just minister to people who have "likable" personalities.  Loving the unlovely is definitely dying to self and saying "no" to the flesh!  After that message my heart had turned to thankfulness that my husband and our church had an outreach to those people!  I praise the Lord for showing me my unloving heart, and replacing it with love and thankfulness.  Isn't it wonderful that God loves me despite all my sin and failures?!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I totally get what you are saying. I am so thankful that the Lord does forgive and never stops loving us all despite ourselves!
Have a wonderful day!

Post a Comment