Saturday, January 8, 2011

To my Madison at One Year Old


Dear little sweetheart,

God has blessed us with you!
Since the moment you came into my life I knew that I was going to be changed forever!  I felt like you were just a little doll to be dressed, held, and admired.  I started crocheting again because I wanted you to have lots of cute beanies to wear.  I learned to make hair bows so that I could accessorize your every outfit.  I even started making jewelry again, so that you could have some baby bracelets :)  I LOVE having a daughter!   I look forward to all the years I can do girlie things with you.  I am also very excited to teach you to clean, bake, cook, sew, crochet, do crafts, and have a love for being a little homemaker.  I had a mother that did that, and I have used it so much and always been so thankful for it.--By the way, your husband will really appreciate it some day, too!

You are now a 1 year old.  You are a little sunbeam in my life.    You have a happy, go-lucky personality.  On hard days your daddy and I can't help but smile because you are always giving us great big grins.  Even as a baby you have been such an encouragement through the day.  When you laugh I laugh.  You are such a tease to your brother.  Sometimes he likes it, and sometimes he could do without it :)  Those big eyes of yours just seem to smile out at the world.  When you smile your whole face smiles.--I LOVE that!

Your sweetness and love for cuddling stole our hearts right from the beginning.  There is just something so endearing about how you always come and lay your head down on us as if to say, "I love you Mommy and Daddy."  You started sucking your thumb as an infant.  It is still so sweet to see how you immediately stop crying when that thumb goes in your mouth!

We just recently found out that you are going to have a little sister!  Now you will be a big sister and no longer the baby of the family.  I want you to know that you will always have a special place in our hearts.  We are so thankful for you!  We pray that you will grow up and use your sweet personality to serve the Lord.

From Mommy with Daddy's love, too!










2 comments:

Wendy said...

Very sweet post Amber :) She is a sweetie and she is blessed to have you as her mommy!

Marsha said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!

Post a Comment