Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blessings in Trials

These past 2 weeks have been pretty tough.  There are so many things I could say to expound on that, but it is not necessary.  In a nut shell we have made 2 ER visits, doctor visit, many physical therapy visits, decisions on putting my 2 year old in daycare, etc.  It's been a little of an emotional roller coaster and some of that probably has to do with the very strong pain killers I'm on.  The days are a little blurry to me right now.

Yet, through this pregnancy I know God is in control.  Jon and I have seen God answer prayer in marvelous ways.  I've seen God provide help when we just felt like we couldn't go on.  I've seen God show himself mighty!  My body seems to be failing me in so many ways.  Yet, it is such a comfort that all these circumstances are in the hands of a God who NEVER fails.  I can trust Him to give me the physical ability to take care of my one year old, trust Him with my 2 year old being in daycare, and trust Him to give my husband the energy to keep carrying the load of 2 parents and keep working full time.  Would I have chosen the trials in this pregnancy? NO!  Does God know best? YES!!!!

Sometimes God brings us to our worst physically so that all we can do is put our hands out before Him and say, "Heavenly father, I place everything in your care.  I give everything over to you. There is NOTHING I can do without you!"  Have you ever found it easy to push yourself to do what needs to be done instead of relying on God's strength and wisdom for what actually should be done?  Sometimes when the physical ability to do anything is completely taken away it helps you see how little "living by faith" you've actually done.  Isn't it a blessing that God doesn't give up on us?!  He is not finished with Amber Cline, yet.  I've been blessed with "physical battles" not as a punishment, but as a help for me to cling to Him with my whole heart.  It is a choice I can make.  That little saying, "Two choices on the shelf, pleasing God or pleasing self" is so true!  I choose to see the blessings!  I choose to look to God and trust Him.  I thank Him for caring for my family during this time and providing just what we need.  He is all-sufficient!  What an amazing God I serve!

BTW, only 4 weeks of pregnancy left!  Praying for my little Emily.  So thankful God has blessed us with another "bundle of joy."  Someday she'll hear about this pregnancy :)  I hope at that time I remember to share the blessings of what God has done!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Friend!! I'm continuing to pray for you! So beautiful to see you choosing God's best and blessings through these valleys! Can't wait to "meet" your new bundle of joy!!

Post a Comment