Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WORDS

Lately I've been thinking about how I've neglected writing down some of the things the kids say.  At this stage in my kids life there is always something that they say to make me chuckle.  Some of the funniest conversations happen between my two year old and 3 year old.  I wish I could remember them because they really are comical.  Here are some of the things that I CAN remember from this last day or two!

Ethan at 3 years and 3 months: 
Today I gave Ethan a great big smooch on the face.  He wiped his face with the back of his hand, and very expressively said, :"Yuckyyyy!" 

Last night, Jon, was reading a Bible story book of David and Goliath to the kids.  He was trying to explain to a 2 and 3 year old that David loved Jesus, but Goliath was a naughty man.  Ethan's reply was pointing to Goliath and saying in a very sober voice "yeah, spankings."  I guess Goliath should have gotten spankings ;)

Today I was outside picking up a bunch of trash in a field behind our yard.  I don't like picking up other peoples trash especially when they literally dump 2 large trash bags behind our fence.  Side note:  Please do NOT litter!!!!!!!!  I don't care what it is.  Don't throw it on the ground!  I shouldn't have to do community service just because someone else is lazy and selfish.  Okay, now that I've gotten that pet peave vocalized I will admit that on the inside I was a little grumpy about that filthy, rubber glove job.   And during that same time my 2 and 3 year old got into a mud puddle, and got our mail and accidentally spilled  it all over the yard!  So "yes" I was a LITTLE frustrated.  We went inside, and after giving the kids baths I asked them to forgive me for having a bad attitude and getting upset about having to pick up other peoples trash.  (I realize that even if they don't completely understand I need to set an example even in the area of asking forgiveness.)  Ethan replied by holding his nose and saying, "Yes, pewwwie!"  I had to smile that even he understood that was a smelly, gross job :) 

Madison at 2 years 2 months:
Yesterday I was praising Madison for being so sweet to baby Emily.  I told her how that made Jesus happy and Mommy happy.  She chimed in by saying, "baby too!" 

Madison is so good at loving on Emily, and being a little Mommy to her.  Sometimes she calls baby "cute."  She also is quick to help me correct her when she screeches.  She says loudly and firmly, "NO mam, baby!"  Today I said to baby Emily, "I love you!"  Right away Madison said to baby and I, "me too!" She wanted us to know that she loves baby too :0)

Lately Madison has been saying so many things, and I love hearing all of her little sentences.  Those sentences just spring up out of the blue, and make me smile.  She is also my little bookworm.  I really enjoy snuggling and reading to her.  Madison will often carry a book around the house with her.  She will also sit and listen to books for quite a while.  I LOVE it!

Emily at 10 months: 
Today Emily was holding a remote.  I took it away from her, and she was not happy!!!  To my utter surprise she clearly AND loudly said, "NO, no!"  While she was saying "no" she was looking straight into my eyes with the most challenging face that I have ever seen in a baby her age!  Wow!!!  I dealt with the problem, and talked to her as I would to my 2 year old.  I told her how naughty that was, and that she should NOT tell mommy "no".  Then I went on to tell her that she needs to say "yes" mam.  I repeated "yes" 2 times, and believe it or not she looked back at me and said "yeah" two times!--I have to admit that I'm a little flabbergasted because she is only 10 months and has a vocabulary of 6 words already.  She is saying words so much earlier than her older brother and sister did.  She also did the sign language for "all done" today.  Although she is my third baby it never ceases to amaze me what a baby can do! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment