This pregnancy has been hard. I'm going to see a cardiologist (they specialize in veins) in the next couple weeks. Jon and I are really praying that I'll be able to get some help with my vein problem which has become extremely painful. The swelling from my waste down is an issue, also. Most days I'm limping around barely able to put weight on my left ankle because of the broken blood vessels. There may be a time when I'll have to be on more of a constant bed rest schedule with my feet above my heart. But, I already try to do that a lot. Because I am at risk for blood clots, it is even more important that I get this vein issue taken care of. (I take heparin shots during pregnancy.) I've let it go way too long, and I know my OB/GYN doctor is concerned.
I do appreciate your prayers. Being at home all the time, and missing so much church is hard, but it will probably be that way until the end of the pregnancy unless something changes with this upcoming appointment. I end up being on my feet way too much when I go places, and the next day it is hard to even move. With two little one's I've to be able to use the time on my feet taking care of them.
On the bright side I am remembering to pray for others with physical battles right now! The Lord is teaching me dependence on Him. I try to listen to sermon messages throughout the day. I have claimed Prov. 3:5 and 6 for this pregnancy. God is good all the time! I've seen His grace through days when I really didn't know how I would keep going with the pain. There has been discouragement and times when I just want to move near family that can be there to help. However, when I look to the Lord He gives a sweet peace to me that He is in control, and that the promises from His Word are there to claim.
Thanks for those of you who are praying. I am asking God to use this time of hardship for His glory.
Amber
10 comments:
Hey Amber,
I'll be praying for you! Hope that you feel better soon. Wish I lived closer so I could help out!
I will be praying for you! My mom had a blood clot with her last pregnancy and had to do the heparin shots, too - didn't realize you've had to do that with each one! Are you wearing compression hose? Just reading this makes my legs ache - hope you can take care of yourself how you need to, even with the two little ones! :)
So sorry to hear things have been so hard for you Amber. I've been thinking about you, and will keep you in my prayers, girl. One of my good friends had an issue with her veins (although hers was vericose venins) she had to wear really tight spandexs underneath her regular clothes for about half of her pregnancy. They went from her waist down to her toes! Isn't that crazy? But it helped with the pain. <3
Yes, I am wearing compression hose. I started doing that with my last pregnancy. I wear them almost all the time, and have started wearing them at night, also. The hose don't seem to be doing the job anymore :( It used to take away the pain, but now that the problem has become so severe I wear them more out of duty :) I will be glad to get rid of them after this pregnancy! Only 14 more weeks.
Praying for you right now, friend!
This post breaks my heart and I want you to know, if you need me to come out there to help you for a little while, we will certainly pray about it and do what we can!! I love you, like my own sister, you know that and I want to do whatever I can to help!
Praying for you guys! Love you!!
Praying for you, Amber. I don't have the same problems you do, but I have a whole set of my own health issues that made my pregnancies (ESPECIALLY my third one) very, very difficult. It does teach you to totally depend on the Lord. I am praying for you, my friend! i know I live very far away, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Emily
Thanks for all the comments, prayers, and encouragement. I am thankful for the friends that God has placed in my life!
Praying for you, Amber!!
Isaiah 42:5-6
"Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out: he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it: he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee.." Praying for you Amber, we love you!! ~ L
Post a Comment