Yesterday was Madison's 9 month appointment. She weighs 21lbs and 12oz! And her height/length is.....start the drum roll :) ...30 inches!!!! Yes, she is off the charts in height. Am I proud? - just a little :) My doctor says that she is exactly where she should be in weight because of how long she is. I thought that was a little funny since she has very chubby thighs!
Madison had 3 shots. Poor girl! She sobbed and then just clung to me. I felt like she was looking at me as if to say, "How could you let that happen to me?" It was so hard on my mommy's heart to see her so sad and confused. She is such a happy, gentle girl and that makes it even harder to see her in pain.
For the last couple weeks I have been dreading Ethan's upcoming haircut. Why? Well let's just say that haircuts are on his "do not like at all" list. And since he is extremely vocal and enthusiastic about all his likes and dislikes--I've had my work cut out for me. Usually, I am thankful if I can just get through the haircut without giving him a bald spot! Well, I've been thinking about what I can do to make it a better experience for both of us. I knew I needed to keep his mind off the hair falling on him. It drives him crazy :) So the result was: Ethan taking a bath with a sucker, and mommy rolling up her pants and wading in the water! Ha ha!!! This may seem like I am coddling him too much. But in this case it was definitely worth it! Ethan was so happy dropping his sucker in the tub and splashing mom. Mom was so happy that haircuts could actually be a very fun experience! Ethan giggled and giggled, and I smiled because he was so happy and I didn't get a headache.
This way of doing haircuts is not a permanent fix, but I think it will help him get over his fear of the falling hair:) I am learning that dreaded chores can be fun! My attitude about tasks usually determines whether I enjoy it or not. Ethan loves to pick up toys because he looks at it as fun. What other things in life could I enjoy so much more if I just looked at them that way?







0 comments:
Post a Comment