Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stay at home Mom:)

I am so excited to start my "mommy" blog!  I think I'm going to start by thanking the Lord for allowing me to marry my husband and have the blessing of motherhood.  I am doing what I have always dreamed of doing - being a wife and mother.  At one time I would have said that I didn't have very big aspirations in life. Now that I am a mother I know how wrong that was!  Being a godly mother is the most important job that I could ever aspire to do!  I see being a stay at home mom as a blessing, a challenge, and a calling.  There are definite and big sacrifices that come with not being a two income family.  But the blessings and rewards of being the one to train my children and being the same one to reinforce that training are immense!  It is hard, exhausting work, yet it is a command from God - "train up a child in the way he should go..."  In today's society the world sees a successful woman as one outside the home with a career.   I believe that God sees the value and success of a woman that is a "keeper of the home."  There are days when I would love to work in an adult atmosphere and let someone else enforce obedience issues with my children:)  Yet, I know the blessing of being the first to see and hear the "firsts" in my children's lives.  I also know after working in a day care that most mothers that work full-time see their children for only a couple hours a day.  How blessed am I that I spend all day everyday with the people I love most!  Thank you Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment